Sunday, July 13, 2008

Veggies. Veggies. Veggies.

Pete (aka Butros, aka Petros, aka my brother, aka my loyal reader) asked for more pictures from the garden. So here they are. First up are the tomatoes. I wish I had a scented blog so you could share. (Sorry, Pete, with your deviated septum I'm not sure how well you could smell them even if I did have a scented blog.) We've got about four different varieties, but here are three:


The squash is totally dominating. It's completely shading the okra from all afternoon sunlight. Sorry, Okra, Patty Pan Squash is winning. A ridiculously easy, ridiculously delicious Patty Pan (a great source of magnesium and niacin) recipe coming later on once they're harvested:

Sweet sweet sugar snap peas. Sweet. Sweetness. We had some with dinner tonight. Raw. Crispy and sweet.

No comments: